Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pyramid hexies?

I know it sounds weird, but its true!  I fiddled with my 'pyramids on parade' pattern, that's all. In fact, that's not entirely true as it's not the pattern that was altered, just the fabric layout. 

With all the paper piecing I have been doing lately, I realised that my pyramid pattern could form hexies as well, just by adding a background colour which I did. 


I love the end result, well nearly end, if I would get off my proverbial and baste it!  Not quite sure how I'm going to quilt it yet.  An 'allover' is the easy option, but I'm thinking I want to make the 'hexies' stand out.

The fabric is a beautiful range called 'Crazy Love' by Jennifer Paganelli.  I fell in love with it (pardon the pun, but I did) as soon I saw it.  It is so incredibly vibrant and happy.  Not sure if I can let this one sit in the shop for too long, might need to snuggle under it for the rest of winter. And in Queensland, we don't have too much winter so I can't waste time. 

Squeezes, Michelle