I have been lucky enough to have two child free days which has been a huge opportunity to get a few things on my list 'ticked' off. And I'm thrilled to say that that has actually happened.. yay! Apart from some really boring stuff like washing the floor, doing a gazillion (I'm sure that IS actually a number..) loads of washing and discovered what treats await me a in my ironing pile (note, I said IN, not at the bottom... as that would require at least ten child free days to discover where that is), I have managed to reacquaint myself with my sewing machine... ah... yes... I'm still in love!!
So, as well as managing to finish a little flannel quilt for my cousins new grandson, (that makes me feel so OLD to say that!) I have been continuing to play with my sample for "Cathedral Windows", a class which I will be teaching soon at 'the quilters corner' . I am making a couple of different sizes as they give quite a different effect. I am making a cushion cover which uses smaller more traditional cathedral windows block, but for a quilt, I am 'funkying' (I'm sure that's also a word!) it up a bit by using a jumbo block in fresh bright colours. This photo shows some of the process and the tools I used (I have some handy little tricks and tips in my pattern), with my smaller cushion blocks. I have certainly had a lot of fun playing with this and look forward to sharing the full photos soon.
I have also nearly finished quilting my new charm square quilt made in Rouenneries. Not long to go now!
Looking forward to sharing more soon,