Monday, June 18, 2012

Deadlines.....

Deadlines are my friend!  Its true, I have to admit it.  They make me stressed and 'a little' harder (note I'm honest, and said hardER) to live with, but they do make me get things done.  I was having my quilts professionally photographed on the weekend so needed the 3 quilts in progress to be done.  And done they were!!  With a whole 16 hours to spare.... applause please, I think that's a record!



The first was "A walk in the woods", which I showed you last post.  Next was "Lemon Peel", a new design (well an old design actually but with my new take on it), using perle thread applique.  I really enjoyed making this quilt, it was great fun and gave me my handwork to do in front of the tv, while playing with a new technique (win win!).  I'm actually teaching this quilt next term at the shop if you are local and interested (or interested and local if you prefer.....ok... too much coffee....).


Next.... well..... I don't have the full photo.... just a photo of the photographer photographing...  but my new, very own design, applique quilt!!  I will post more photos as soon as I have them.


Phewwww......what a weekend! 
Hope you enjoyed yours, we had the most glorious weather here Brisbane.
Michelle xx

3 comments:

carol fun said...

Oh such pretty quilts! Can't wait to see the patterns. As for deadlines, I find that if it wasn't for the last minute I'd never get anything done - LOL!

Steph said...

Yes I too love a deadline! And don't you feel so chuffed when you get it all done on time. Your new design is absolutely gorgeous!! You are so very clever. See you tonight :) x

Quill and Ink Handmade said...

Oh Michelle, what beautiful work! I can't wait to see them up close in the shop, and just LOVE the Lemon Peel design; so simple, but absolutely gorgeous :)

Hoping that you had a wonderful weekend - and congratulations on making your deadlines with lots of time to spare! Yay!

x