Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Magazine Profile and off to Melbourne!

I know!  It has been beyond way too long.  And yes, I kind of gave up on my blog moved over to (seemingly) more popular Facebook and Instagram.  But I like blog and have realised that, here, I can 'do' and 'explain' things in more detail.  I'm hoping to add some tutorials soon, so please come back and visit.

So today!  Wow, I finally got the see the new Quilters Companion which was released today. It features my 'newspaper roses' quilt.  I was really pleased that they were able to show both the versions of this quilt that I made, as I always think it makes it look so different,.  What can inspire someone in one colour way, another may not look twice at which I always find fascinating.


They also did a 'little' profile on me (which I didn't find until a couple of hours later!), which I'm way too embarrassed to read.  They have also popped in a photo of my forever loved "Aunt Millie's Garden" quilt, a pattern by "Piece o'cake".  


So tomorrow, feeling all pumped and raring to go, I'm off to Melbourne to the annual Australian Quilt Market.  It is literally better than being a kid in a shop, and I nearly need to wear a bib for the amount I'm drooling!

I promise to be back and share some photos.. 

Squeezes, 
Michelle 

2 comments:

Susan said...

Glad to see you blogging! I also think it is a better way to communicate with followers! Love the Newspaper Roses quilt! Enjoy Market- I guess that's for 'the industry'?!

Michelle said...

thank you so much for letting me know, your feedback is very much appreciated! (on both blogging and Newspaper roses) I'm definitely back to blogging. Yes, this Quilt Market is trade only, its where all the shops attend to see and buy all the beautiful new fabrics and patterns. thanks again, Michelle x