Saturday, April 30, 2011

Put to good use...


I promised to show Elsie how the use the sewing machine after school yesterday.. and 5 year olds never forget! So I showed her how to get started, and thats where she stayed... and 'created'. I am going to have to go through my stash now and find her some bits to sew.


This is her first 'quilt', mmmmm.... a little more tuition is needed perhaps? I think she may have been inspired by the geckos around our house. But how exciting? She will definitely be my little quilter buddy I think!

We have another public holiday here in QLD for labour day, so today will be spent in the garden having a good cleanup. This will be the first time I have attempted this since having Charlie (our now 7 month old Spoodle), I think it will be a challenge as his nose will be where my hands are the whole time! But you have to agree, he is pretty cute!



Squeezes, Michelle xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elsie did a fantastic job, Sophie quilts too but only on paper using glue and fabrics, she is 4 next month and I might have to look for a little tow sewing machine for her.

Christine

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Both Elsie and Charlie! I remember my very first sewing machine was about that size. Who knew where it would lead to. Great to see that your blog is growing.
Leanne x