Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beginners

This term I have the pleasure of my eldest daughter Jen (on the right) and her lovely friend Anne coming along to the beginners course that I teach at The Quilters Corner.  It is a lovely opportunity for Jen to see more about what I do, learn an AMAZING craft all while spending time with her 'bestie' (which is a little more limited these days as they are at different uni's).


Jen is a complete and utter 'studyaholic', so I was very keen for her to try her hand at a hobby which, with a bit of luck, may also offer another outlet for her brain.  And quilting, offers that smart little brain, an opportunity to relax and unwind ..... its TRUE... science even backs it up!  (mmmm... might have to find some data on that and post it...)

So! Jen and Anne have chosen completely different fabrics.  Jen has gone for her usual bright, bold and cheery fabrics, while Anne had something completely different in mind.  Anne took a gap year from uni last year, and had the privilege of working/teaching in a school in Malawi, Africa.  She brought home some amazing fabrics which she wanted to work around.  This is the girls with their 'Rail Fence' block and don't they look fabulous?
I will bring you more photos of their work as the eight weeks progress.

Have a great weekend everyone.  I'm off to the school fete (Prince of Peace Lutheran College) this Saturday, always loads of fun, then head off to Adelaide early Sunday morning.  I'll just be there for a couple of days helping Mum and Dad pack up the house after 31 years as they prepare to move into a smaller home in a retirement village in the Adelaide Hills.  Apparently after 20 years, its time for ME to store my OWN wedding dress!! (how rude!) I also have the top layer of my wedding cake there somewhere, not sure if I want to disturb that though... all sorts of science experiments may be lurking.

Squeezes, Michelle xxx

No comments: