Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Funny little finds.....

Isn't this what you find on your sewing machine every day?? 


The things I find 'set up' around our house constantly make me smile, and unfortunately a little sad.  I absolutely dread the day when I don't find them anymore.  Elsie has always been able to play so happily by herself.  She has this whole little world happening in her imagination and you often see her lips moving while she is playing out a little 'scene' in her head.  I just love it. On Friday she turns 7, and although she is beside herself with excitement, I wish she would stop growing.  Oh sure, some parts of life will be easier, but it will also be a lot less innocent.  So here's to you Mr Potato Head, long may you adorn my sewing machine! 
                                                                   

As for the beanie bears in stilettos, one can only wonder.....

have a great week,
squeezes Michelle xx

p.s. visited the graphic designer yesterday about getting my 'BOM' applique patterns drawn professionally in preparation for sale, very exciting...

3 comments:

Quill and Ink Handmade said...

I know what you mean, Michelle - sometimes it'd be nice to slow down their growing so you have more time to appreciate how beautiful childhood is. My Judah turns four next week, and I've been noticing that a lot of small milestones are happening so quickly of late. It's made me stop a lot more to take note and appreciate it :)

Hoping Elsie has the most wonderful birthday!

x

Ps. Exciting news on your pattern too! Yay!

Steph said...

Although some days it seems like time stands still...others just fly by and you turn your back for a second and they have grown a few more centimetres, their cheeks that wee bit less chubby, that favourite word is now pronounced correctly...sigh! All goes so fast. Magic...but fast. Have a lovely Thursday and see you aT Hexies ( I've made some bickies but they are jaw achingly sweet...oopsie!) :) x

Steph said...

Oh and wee-hoo about your pattern! Clever you :)